Shapeeze A3 activity pad 4-7 years
Shapeeze is a fun learning game which enables children to start school with an understanding of basic literacy and numeracy concepts and to develop crucial fine motor skills. Children learn to identify the letters of the alphabet, numbers, shapes and sizes and develop the confidence to attempt new activities independently – all of which will encourage positive feelings in a child towards learning and school.
Shapeeze is the perfect antidote to an age of iPads and iPhones, excessive screen time and passive entertainment. Shapeeze takes children away from screens and engages them with bright colours and the opportunity to be creative. Most importantly, the tasks are fun and can be completed by the children independently, without adult supervision, boosting self confidence and giving them a real sense of achievement.
Shapeeze is available in a number of sizes and age-targeted versions and features designs and pictures which use common shapes of different sizes, numbers and number sequencing, alphabet and building words. The designs can be coloured in and pasted using the pre-cut press-outs featuring coloured or numbered shapes corresponding with the picture design.
Each design page suggests fun activities that can be attempted in addition to the initial colour and paste skill-based task and also any development strategies and goals the task involves. Colours and shapes can be labeled using supplied labeling tags and the scenes can be added to with additional drawing from the user. Pre-cut press-out letters and numbers can be drawn over, copied, put together to create words or create a pattern of repetition for learning to identify and write the alphabet and lay the groundwork for basic maths.
Suggested age range 4 to 7 years
- 26 pages comprising 13 individual activities/designs including 6 pages of upper/lower case alphabet and numbers to practice spelling and handwriting
- Fully self-contained: includes glue stick, triangle-barrel colour pencils and a standard pencil sharpener stored in resealable packs
- Safe: scissor-free and all components have passed stringent Australian safety testing
- Perfect for independent play – large A3 pages allow your child to draw and colour additional scenes, with a built-in carry handle and rear storage pouch it’s still very portable
- Self-explanatory: specifically designed with no narrative or instructions – you can be as hands-on or hands-off as you want or need
- Skill-building: each activity builds on skills learned in the previous pages
- Beneficial: created in consultation with qualified preschool educators and endorsed by occupational therapists
- Helps build foundation skills in preparation for school-readiness: learning, writing, oral communication, numeracy and reading
- 100% Australian owned