Honey Bear Bottle
The Honey Bear Bottle by Ark is a fun and friendly way to make drinking easier for beginners and/or children with oral motor difficulties. It's also an excellent way to transition babies straight from bottles to straw drinking - skipping sippy cups altogether!
Most sippy cups promote improper tongue and lip positioning that can cause speech problems later on. Oral Motor straws are a better alternative, as they strengthen the mouth muscles and encourage tongue retraction, cheek tension, and lip closure.
The Honey Bear Bottle kit features a unique valve that controls the direction of fluid - liquid flows up into the straw, but does not flow back down. Simply squeeze the bear's belly until fluid reaches the top of the straw and release. Fluid will stay at the top of the straw, thereby decreasing the effort required to drink. Highly recommended for individuals who tend to aspirate or have a weak suck with difficulties generating and maintaining suction.
Bear Bottle Kit includes:
- 1 easy-to-squeeze Bear Bottle with a snap-close cap
- 1 Select-Flow Valve
- 2 tubing straws - a durable alternative to traditional straws
- 1 yellow Lip Blok® (3/4") - prevents kids from biting on the straw or putting it too far into their mouths
- No BPA, PVC, lead, phthalates, or latex
- Holds approximately 235 ml of fluid
- Bottle measures approximately 5 x 6 x 15 cm
- Colours may vary
- Recommended for thin liquids (water, milk, juice without pulp, etc)
- Not recommended for bubbly drinks
- Compatible with most standard 0.635 cm diameter straws
- Made in the USA