Weighted Lap Bag with Stainless Steel Pellets (assorted weights)
Weighted lap bags are designed to help children calm and organise themselves in a seated position by providing deep pressure sensory input. They are a great addition to a regulation program / sensory diet for children in the classroom or for table top activities at home. They can be especially helpful for kids who are unable to sit still in their chair, who seem to be constantly fidgeting and wriggling, are easily distracted, find it hard to focus on the task, or to sit quietly and listen to the teacher.
These weighted lap bags are filled with stainless steel pellets, as opposed to our other poly-pellet filled lap bags (available in 1 kilo, 2 kilo and 2.5 kilogram variants). Poly-pellet filled lap bags have the benefit of being a more affordable resource, while these stainless steel filled lap bags are more expensive but are also less bulky as the pellets are smaller. For an idea of the difference in bulk, see product image 4, showing poly-pellet filled and stainless steel pellet filled bags next to eachother.
- pellets separated into sections for even weight distribution
- rectangular shape designed to lie across the child's legs while they are sitting
- machine washable
- 1.5 kg lap bags measure approximately 48cm x 28cm
- 2 kg lap bags measure approximately 48cm x 35cm
- 2.5 kg lap bags measure approximately 48cm x 43cm
The recommended guideline for weighted products is generally 5-10% of a child's body weight. If you are unsure about how to use weighted products it is recommended that you consult with an Occupational Therapist.
Weighted lap bags can be one of the most effective tools for encouraging calming for high energy sensory kids.
Weighted products are shown to be most effective in the following areas:
1. To improve body/body position awareness
2. To promote calming and improve attention and concentration skills
3. To decrease sensory seeking behaviors